Mushroom Cream Sauce
Simple, delicious mushroom cream sauce that comes together super fast. This is a great sauce for when you need warm comfort food!
- 10 oz baby bella mushrooms (use whatever mushrooms you like!) sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup stock chicken or vegetable
- 1/2 cup heavy cream half and half works great, too!
- 1/2 cup reserve pasta water or to desired consistency
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley dried works well, too
- 1 lb pasta of your choice my favorite is thin spaghetti
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese to taste
- boil a pot of water for pasta, I used thin spaghetti, but you can use whatever pasta you like!
- Clean and slice mushrooms
- smash and chop garlic
- over med-high heat, add oil and butter in a saucepan until butter starts to bubble, then add mushrooms and saute for a couple minutes, until the mushrooms start to soften. Add garlic, salt and pepper, and cook until fragrant (about 1 min).
- Add stock (I use chicken stock, but you can use whatever you have on hand). Cook for a couple minutes more over medium heat. Lower the heat to medium/low, and add the heavy cream (or half and half), and parsley. Stir the sauce until it start to bubble. Cook for another minute or 2, and then turn off heat.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a bit of the liquid. Add pasta to the saucepan and stir to combine, if it's too thick, add a bit of the reserved pasta water. I add the pasta water for a little additional body to the sauce. Serve with a sprinkle of good parm.