I just finished a Whole30 – 30 days of whole food, proteins, vegetables (some fruit), and good oils. Program rules are here. Here’s what I learned:
- I’m way more addicted to sugar that I thought, and this diet helped me overcome that!
- I can get a handle on my pain with eating better. This diet is anti-inflammatory, and I’m seeing a huge difference in the way I feel.
- I love coconut milk in my coffee (with a sprinkle of cinnamon)
- Zoodles have changed my life, I can eat a TON of veggies in noodle form!
- Cutting out sugar will improve your complexion, my acne is almost gone and I’ve been plagued with it my whole adult life.
- I love to make my own mayonnaise! (Here are some of my fav recipes on my Pinterest Board)
- It’s HARD to say no to goodies at the office, I’ve learned to be prepared by having almonds stashed in my desk.
- I actually saved money from not eating out (even though it seems like you spend a lot more at the grocery store)
- I’m stronger than I thought!
On that last note – I never believed I would make it through the first week, let alone the whole 30 days, honestly. But I did. I feel so much better, better than I have in a very long time. A friend added me to a Facebook group that all did the program together, so it was a great source of encouragement and ideas for food. Eating on this diet can be a challenge if you eat out a lot, so take that into consideration and prepare yourself by reading as much as you can, and find meals that you love in this program, b/c there are a TON of great things to eat!
My results were that I lost 9lbs and 2 inches. I’m ready to keep going and stay accountable to myself. It’s not really about weight loss for me, it’s about feeling better, and not being in pain all.the.time. Tell me about your experience if you’ve ever done this, and what worked best for you!
Here’s a great resource on getting started!