Chicken and Veggie Soup
Super easy, one pot soup. Add noodles or rice of your choice if that makes you happy.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups leafy green of your choice, roughly chopped (I had bok choy in the fridge)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dill I use Penzeys
- 1 tsp Mural of Flavor from Penzeys
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded or use 3 cups cooked chicken breasts shredded
In a medium stock pot, heat the oil and butter til melted. Add vegetables and saute about 5 minutes. You sauté the veggies in butter/oil mix to give it flavor and richness - it makes a big difference in your soup! Season with Salt and pepper.
Add the chicken stock, dill and spices. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add shredded chicken and simmer til chicken is hot.
check taste and add more salt/pepper if needed
Serve with crusty bread, add a little cooked pasta or rice of your choice if you'd like that addition.