You will not be able to stop eating this, I guarantee it. My friend, Joy, makes this salad for every party we go to, and it’s always a crowd pleaser. We just ate it for lunch with chips, by itself. It sounds like regular guacamole, but the added corn gives it a sweetness, that makes it so delicious.
Also, check out http://www.rocderby.com/, Joy is a mad derby girl.
Joy's (Crack) - Avocado Salad
This is a fresh take on guacamole, using chunky avocado, tomato and onion. It's a great side for any picnic!
- 3 med ripe avocados
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 can white corn, drained
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 4.8 oz grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut avocados in half, remove the pit, and slice them into small to medium chunks. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, squeeze lime over it all, add salt and pepper to taste and gently stir together with a large spoon. Serve with your choice of corn chips.